Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sweet 16

Today was Alex's 16th birthday. She spent a good part of it playing "football Americain" with the men and boys of the school here. She took great pride in knowing that she was the only girl there. She even hauled in a pass and sprinted down the sideline for a touchdown and did so after outrunning one of the students.

Janice and I are so proud of her. She's really taken well to her school and has made several friends. (No surprise there.)

Here's a short video of the kids singing her happing birthday this evening. We made her a chocolate cake and the kids dug up some gifts for her. Liddy gave her a card that said "Happy Birthday Alex". That was it. No "I love you" or anything. Liddy thought it was quite funny. Some of the other kids gave her rocks from the yard. Alex took all of this in great stride. (Notice what Emma does while singing. Nice!)

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend.

sf

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday girl! Good work putting up with your mom for that long. That’s about as much as I could take and I convinced grandma and grandpa to kick her out of the house! Love you and love all of you!

Your favorite uncle,

Donnie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to YOU

Alexandria JUDITH

Of course I'm not too proud that you have my name or anything......!
I's hard to believe that you could be 16 already!
Your Birthday Blog looked like you were having a good time,and the football game sounds painfully fun!
LOVE YOU LOTS!

Mrs. D said...

Happy birthday Alex! Way to go you football girl you!

Hope you had a great day, Love you and miss you~

1+1=13 said...

Your NOT funny DONNIE...
By the way...I left on my OWN accord so there!!! (sticking my tounge out at you now!!)


love ya bro,
j

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Alex. We wanted to call, but got the time all mixed up. Go figure. Hope you got your card. Love you lots and more.

Auntie Karen

April said...

Alexandria!
Happy Birthday!!!
Did you see that your mom wrote that your siblings sang "Happing birthday". Don't tell her, she didn't get a very good education so you just keep telling her how proud you are of her!!!
Oh, I so wish that I was there to celebrate with you! I would write I love you on my card and put a bow around the rock from the yard! I'd buy you Dr. Pepper and Oreo's! What can I send to you that you would enjoy? Late birthday gifts are fun aren't they? Don't be modest just tell me like it is! My Father owns all the cattle on a thousand hills and He'd like me to spend some of it on you!
You are my very most favorite Alexandria niece!
Love you, AApril