Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pictures and Info
















Hi Everyone,

Janice ici! (that's the word "here") Just keeping you all up to date with what's up for the twins and Lid and me. I have left my class and the girls and I are getting a tutor. This gal is 25 and fresh out of college and works part time at the local college and came here looking to see if there was anyone who needed a tutor!! UM, yeah, there are 4 of us who could use a tutor! So, at 35 euro's an hour we will use her 5 hours a week. Then, Steven's parents sent us the Rosetta Stone CD's and last week we down loaded the program, "Before You Know It". So, we will be using all 3 of these to learn French at home.

Steven has finally begun to be challenged in class. They are learning things that he did not learned in High School. He is doing tres bien (that is "very good") and does really well at studying too! It's soo much work, memory and practice. At times it seems like too much, ya know, impossible, but this school has been here for 40 years and they are very good at teaching people to speak French.

The other students that have been here for 6 months say it took about 5-6 months to really grasp all the vocab and verbs and put it into speaking form. It will be a long 6 months, but because the children are learning it too, at the same time, it will also be fun!
Well, *fun* is a dangerous word right now, since fun wouldn't be a word anyone would use at this point to describe language learning, but I'm just gonna say it so if we hear it enough times maybe we can find some fun in there somewhere!!
Keep praying for all 11 of us. As we learn our French we are teaching Esther too.

I'm attaching a few pics.
*Esther of course, being Esther with her great smile.
*Emma with her rose bush throns (she never has trouble keeping busy outdoors!!)
*Gracey with her two babies.
*Payton on the shore at the lake we went to last week.
*The view at the lake reminded me of Lake Wenatchee.
love,
jlf










9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys ROCK!! It will be a learning curve... you'll think it will never come, then BAM! you'll all be speaking fluently!
Keep up the good work, what an experience you are all having together, the memories will be unforgetable, except when you turn 45, then you'll probably have trouble remembering them!!
Love Lisa

1+1=13 said...

So......... then you can't remember yesterday let alone 25 years ago?

sf

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, ha.
So funny. :p

Anonymous said...

what day was yesterday?
Ha Ha
lac

Anonymous said...

Emma, I hope your 'thorniosis' gets better!
Auntie Lisa

Ekelund Fam said...

Wow! That picture of Payton is awesome! Who took that? God's creation is such a great backdrop!

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone's doing great. Great to be able to see you. Steve & Janice - found any French duct tape yet? :)

Talk to you later,
Dale Hexum

April said...

Emma...I didn't know that you liked leaches! I've never seen a french leach...wow, you're brave! That is what I thought when I saw the picture so I thought I'd blog it but then I read that they were rose thorns...I like the leach thing better!

April said...

Janice,
I thank you so much for Al's video...it was perfect and I still chuckle when I listen to it but I've heard it so much it is getting a little old...were you going to get back to that project before Christmas or should I just wait? You could put them all in a line and let them each have 10 seconds...that will be a long time for some of them. With Esther...GG could have her talk without her seeing the video ... she's getting SO big!
YFSApril