Monday, November 12, 2007

Oh Zut!

Bonjour mes amis, ça va? Nous sommes d'accord ici en Albertville. Mon epouse et moi mangent des cookies de chocolat chip. (For you english speakers: Hi, my friends, how are you? We are o.k. here in Albertville. My wife and I are eating some chocolate chip cookies.)

The title of this post, "Oh zut!", means "Oh shoot" or "Rats" or something similar. I chose said title because I realized just the other day that it has been over 2 months since I had a milkshake. Quitting cold turkey isn't my idea of a good time but it can't be helped. Even as much as I (and the kids) like milkshakes we weren't gonna spend over 50 Euros (that's about $70 - $75) on a blender. Especially when we can't take it with us to Chad.

Ever wonder why everything in France is so expensive? One reason: there is a 19.8% tax on everything. Think gas is expensive in the states? Here it is about 1.40 Euros per liter. That's about $1.96 per liter. That converts out to just under $8.00 per gallon. I won't even tell you what milk costs. Oh zut!

Have a great day.

sf

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steven,
What if we purchased you a blender and you just donated it to the cause there, somewhat like the rest of your belongings, like your vans etc. etc. like everythibg else that has been sacrificed for a greater cause. This is so like preaching to the chior!
Love you!
Judy

Mrs. D said...

I was thinking the same thing Judy, maybe we could all contribute to a "blender fund". Put the $$ in their account and let them buy one there as opposed to sending a heavy blender. I don't know? What would work best for you Steve??

L

1+1=13 said...

Shaw, I didn't make that post so that everyone would feel sorry for us. But, the best option would be for you all to just put together a fund for us. That way we can get what we want. Ha!

You are all too kind. Now, go and enjoy a milkshake in our honor.

sf

April said...

Don'tcha just love his transparency! I had thought the same thing a while back when Mom had told me that they wanted a blender but it was ridiculously priced. I also wondered if they had Goodwill over there? Anyway, I'm in on the blender....just tell me where to send the dough! Maybe we could all give it to Laura at Thanksgiving and she could send it. Love you, Laura!:)
April

1+1=13 said...

You guys are all sick and twisted!!!

sf

1+1=13 said...

That's a strange way to say thank you honey!! :) :) :)

jf