Thursday, May 22, 2008

Paris Photos I

Hi all,


Here are a few photos from our trip to Paris. I went there this past Monday with Alex and again on Wednesday with Gracey (to pick up my Visa). I wouldn't recommend going to Paris from hundreds of miles away like that but our trips were productive and interesting.


We went there to apply for my Visa for my Chad trip in June. Both days we left at 6:30 AM and returned home at 10:00 PM. Train rides were 4.5 hours each way. Long and tiring.


Enjoy.

Photo 1) Eiffel Tower on the approach from the bridge over the River Seine. Very nice.


Photo 2) Taken from the courtyard adjacent to the big museum just west of the Eiffel Tower. We were about 1/2 mile away and I zoomed in on the building peaking out from the background underneath and behind the tower.


Photo 3) There are litterally thousands of motorcycles and mopeds parked along the sidewalks of Paris. This little gem was spotted by Gracey and she just had to take a picture. I think it was manufactured by BMW. Don't see something like that in the States.


Photo 4) I just couldn't pass up this photo op. Payton loves Mini Coopers. Now, must of us North Americans think Minis are small but not so fast..... The 2 cars flanking the Mine are called Smart Cars. They are true 2 seaters and are they ever small! Alex took a picture of me standing next to one. I am at least 2 feet taller than the dumb thing.

Photo 5) There's Alex standing in front of the Arc de Triumph. She loved Paris. I think she'd still be at the Louvre if I had let her go.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that pic with the museum behind the Tower looks profesinal!
cool motorcycle:)

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
iT MUST HAVE BEEN FUN!
lOVE
G'MA JUDY