Friday, December 21, 2007

Slip Sliding Away

Have you ever slipped in your kitchen? I mean, have you ever just been minding your own business when all of a sudden you find yourself laying on the ground? Janice had this very experience the other day.

I came home during a break in class, walked into the kitchen and noticed something wasn't quite right.

I asked Janice what happened and she told me that she wasn't doing anything special when all of a sudden her feet slipped out from under her (she was wearing only socks - I don't mean that she wasn't fully clothed... only that she wasn't wearing her slippers). In a last ditch attempt to maintain balance and break her fall she somehow managed to grab a hold of one of the sink cabinet doors. When she did, her momentum was too much for the door to handle and she ended up ripping the door clean off its hinges!

I'm afraid that only a major project to fix the cabinets will put the door back where it bel0ngs. When I looked at it closely I noticed that one of the hinge pins is sheered clean off.

Thankfully, she wasn't hurt although the kids that were home at the time had a pretty good laught at her expense.

See you all soon.

sf

6 comments:

Mrs. D said...

Oh my goodness. Jani - I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself! I fell off a bar stool recently...NO, I wasn't in a bar and wasn't drinking! I was trying to get something out of my high cabinets.... and yes, my kids had a good laugh at me as well!

L :-)

Anonymous said...

No, no, no! I would never laugh at you mom! Goodness, your making me look like some sort of demon child!

:) AJ

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, it would seem i saw the "L" and thought mrs. d was my mom, cuz i didnt read the "mrs. d said" part so yeah i feel stupid now

1+1=13 said...

Amanda, we would never say to your face that what you wrote was stupid... we'd wait until after you were out of ear shot. Ha! Love you, Uncle.

Anonymous said...

And I would never fall like that because now that I'm in karate I have such "cat like" reflexes I would always land on my feet!!!!
Auntie Lisa

Anonymous said...

WOW, soooo sorry Janice about the fall, and so glad you weren't hurt, "it could have been worse".
How's your guardian angel? Working overtime?
"The Buzz" of responces is so much fun to enjoy. Oh, the personalties are great even electronically conveyed. We have our own personal Comic strips!
LOL
G'MA