Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturday, 5 September 2009

Hello!
 
It was certainly a busy week here as our days were filled with visiting people and managing the various construction projects going on around the Welcome Center.  This weekend we had a large group of 20 people or so come for a retreat.  They will be here for several days.  It is great when there are a lot of folks staying here but on the flip side of that is it can be a little bit of work at times.  This, of course, isn't a bad thing.
 
We are so thankful that everybody is pretty healthy.  This has become a daily battle for us, as many of you know.  But, for now, we are all doing well.
 
While today is just like any other saturday it really isn't.  It is one of the few days where I do miss life in the good ol' United States because it is the start of the College Football season.  Last year was an easy transition because I couldn't watch my team (Univ. of Washington Husksies) on TV but at least I could listen to them via the internet.  (Sometimes I was up at 4 AM to do so, but still, not bad altogether.)  This year I won't even be able to listen since our internet connection is essentially dial-up.  Unfortunately, the last several years there hasn't been much to root for since "my team" has really sunk low... lower even than Wazzu.  (Man, does it ever pain me to write that.)
 
Today I talked with my brother-in-law Ray for about 2 minutes.  It was great to hear his voice.  He and his family have been such a blessing to us for many, many years but esspecially so over the last 4 or 5 as they've been with us every step of the way.  You guys are great!
 
Hope you all have a great weekend and that "your team" wins (except for Wazzu!)
 
sf

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a short wave radio? Maybe that is extinct now. My Dad was the "sports fan" of the missionaries. He used to listen to Armed Forces Radio or Voice of America to get all the games at 2:00 or 3:00 AM. There were some college games but mostly Pro sports. He kept the rest of the missionaries "posted" when they came to town. My Mom was SO THANKFUL when he got ear plugs so she didn't have to listen to the games. That was "way back". I still prefer listening to a game on radio than watch TV. TV takes to much time. Sorry, Huskies lost, but they played real hard. Much better than last season! They gained more yards on offense than LSU. Defense was much better.
What are you going to do with all the puppies and kittens?
Blessings,
June B.