Monday, August 10, 2009

Only in Chad

The other day I mentioned that Janice and I took the twins and Liddy out to dinner.  We had a great time.  But, before we found a restaurant at which to eat we stopped at one place that looked promising.  Since it was a little early (about 5:50 PM) I asked the guard if the restaurant was open.  "Yes" came the response.  So, we parked and headed into the courtyard.  We wound our way to the tables at which point a waiter (of sorts) came up to us.  I asked him if we could just choose a table.  He said, "We don't open until 6".  Then, "What time is it?"  I said "It is almost 6" and I showed him my watch.  He looks at the watch and gave out a little "Yikes!  Actually, we don't open until about 7:30".  Janice and I looked at each other and started laughing.  On the way back to the car we noted that something like this could only happen in Chad.
 
Kinda reminded me of that old skit on Saturday Night Live with the Liar.... "Yeah, that's the ticket!!!"
 
Hope you all had a great weekend and have a great week, too.
 
sf

2 comments:

Mercy said...

Hehe- So true!

Mrs. D said...

Oh that's too funny. I guess they just open when they're ready!