Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thursday, 1 September 2011

Been a very pleasant couple of days.  The generator has performed well.  The battery / solar system has worked well. (I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the Welcome Center only has one guest in it?)  We've been eating good.  Kids have behaved.  We have cold water.  Even had a few minutes to watch something on the computer with the kids.  About the only complaint has been the humidity.  This morning when I came outside at 4:30 am it felt like I was walking into misty air.  Of course there wasn't any mist but the humidity has got to be near 100%.  Hasn't been that warm.  Highs have been around 95 degrees.  But this humidity really is terrible.  The nicest thing I can say about the humidity is that my hands don't need as much lotion as normal!

 

Was able to get Emma's tests that she needs translated into French today.  That should help us when we go to a lab.  We had had a bit of trouble figuring out exactly if the local labs could provide the tests or not.  The doctor that translated the tests for me said that our local hospital (it is 10 minutes away) should have no trouble providing the tests.  (He said he's even been there to look at their setup and it is quite good.)

 

As I said, the generator has ran perfectly for the last several days.  No complaints except that it is leaking oil.  Our mechanic will be by on Saturday to fix it and hopefully that will cure the problem and we can then enter a nice "quiet" period of generator use. 

 

I've been able to chat via Face Book with Janice and the kids several times this week.  That is such a great thing to be able to do.  I would love to be able to do that right now too if only I could get online (I'm typing this offline since our internet connection isn't working).

 

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Keturah said...

I bet everyone who reads this thinks that you are nuts for saying it hasnt been very hot, about 95 degrees. hahahaha!