Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My big honken cast!!!!!!!

ok, well I (emma) have to have a cast on from my knuckles up to right below my armpit for three weeks, but in seven days i have to get my arm checked to make sure my bone is going back where it goes (cause it's out of its place) and if the ligament that is conneced to it isn't putting it back then they have to numb my arm and put it back themselves.

My mom said she thinks it will go back and I hope it does too!! ok so once these three weeks are over than i will get another cast on from my knuckles to below my elbow, finally then i will be able to bend my arm!!!!!!! thank the lord!!!

I have to eat, dress myself, put on my shoes, wipe my nose, brush my teeth..actually I have to do EVERYTHING with my right hand and that is hard since I am left handed. But there are some good points of this accident...I am getting lots of candy, a milkshake from my dad and I don't have to do the dishes for my week. But, it really isn't worth all that since that is the most pain I have ever felt....so don't go breaking your wrist for candy and getting out of chores!!!

I have to go now and elevate my arm.
love,
emma
ps I typed half of this w/my right hand then my mom took over. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

man that thing is honken. is it just your wrist or is it your arm too half is saying wrist and half is saying arm so what is it. ive never broken any bones or got any shots but i have goten 4 stitches thanks t-rah lol jk. my friend andrew got punched in the face and his lip was like 2x bigger and he had to get 20 stitches in his lip i digress well i g2g bye jordan

1+1=13 said...

jordy, bolth bones in my arm are broken but only broken at my wrist,so i broke my wrist.
and I have broken four bones and i dont know how many shotd i got!!.
how did yor friend get punched???
well g2g bye emma

Anonymous said...

well his brother felt like being i dork so he punched him in the lip no jk they were fighting and he got punched in the lip he said it hurt when he smiles so he could have no fun jordan

Anonymous said...

owch!!!!!!!!!!!! emma that must uv hert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ekelund Fam said...

That is a huge cast! I didn't know you were left handed! Maybe I did and forgot. I am too! Yay lefties!

The McCadam Fam said...

Emmmmma Ray! You are just like your mother! (smile) I remember your gma Judy saying she was worried child protection would hunt them down bcuz Jani was always black and blue or missing teeth or hurting something! I guess that means that you are enjoying life at full speed! Maybe God wants you to slow down just a tiny bit...LOL!!!
Love ~Lisamccadam

Anonymous said...

I responded to Emma but I dont see it. Wonder what I did wrong. These modernday contraptions. I said to Emma, too bad you didnt break both arms then you would have had two weapons. Sorry that happened but you can take advantage of it by learning to do things with your right hand. It's always better to be able to do things with both hands. Love you, G'mpa Ray