Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day #16

We went into town today to take care of some shopping and to get the mail.  We also stopped by our favorite patiserie and bought some goodies.  We also went by my favorite Chadian fast food restaurant and purchased some seasoned meat.  That's right, just seasoned meat.  We bought 4,000 Francs worth and that was enough to feed us for lunch.  It is very tasty.
 
Highlight of the day was finding Lays potatoe chips at one of the local stores.  They are the size one can find in convenience stores in the US.  You know, the 99 cent size.  Well, here they cost over $3.00 so we only bought 5 of them.  Man, I think if I had let them the kids woulda eaten all 5 bags.
 
Low point of the day was forgeting that I turned on the water to fill our water filters only to discover about 10 minutes later that I had forgot that I turned on the water.  Our cook room has about 1/2 inch of water in it as well as a pretty good lake in our kitchen and dining room.  (Sorry, honey, I promise it'll all be cleaned up before you get home.)
 
Until tomorrow.
 
sf 

No comments: