Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ministry

When we walk just outside our gates there are families that live right across our dirt path/road and so they all sit outside...all day... and so whenever we go out they (the children)come running saying Ca va, Ca va (which means how are you--are you doing ok)and they put out they very dirty hands to shake our hands and smile so big you think their lips might split right open.

They are so so very beautilful and so dirty at the same time. I ache for them and want to hold each one of them in my arms and never let go. I want to bathe them and feed them good clean food and give them cold clean water. And I especially want to tell them about a better place and a God who created them and loves them even more than I do. It's almost over whelming to think about but God has it all figured out and I'm just here for the sweaty ride.

I took pictures of them today and plan on taking the picture of the oldest woman in their village. They call her Momma and I asked her if I could take her picture and she said she wanted to bathe and dress up so I will take her pic tomorrow. The kids love to have their picture taken and then to see their faces since they never or hardly ever see themselves. We plan on getting copies made making a photo album for them to keep.

Oh, man, what a privledge to work for God(we all do in our own sphere of where we are planted!!!) There is no end to what we can do here because there is so much that needs to be done.... clean water, medical, cleaner housing, cleaner/newer clothes, clean food, more food...the list goes on and on. For now, we try to meet our new neighbors and get to know them and try to work our way into their lives so we can make a difference. Do you know what I mean, I don't mean to sound braggy, I hope I didn't. It's not about that. Just to do what God has brought us here for. Make a difference.ok, enough for now, I'm going on and on. :)
(JLF)
roc

6 comments:

The McCadam Fam said...

You have moved me again my beautiful cousin! What a sight you must be with your fair skin, your blonde hair and your loving heart. I'm glad you are finally able to be the "skin" for God and he can touch others through your hands. Amen!
Love you so....

Anonymous said...

We miss y'all so much here in Albertville! Glad to know you made it safely to Chad!

Amy

Ekelund Fam said...

How awesome that the Lord put you (Janice) across the street from those kids. He knew just what you and they needed. They needed someone to care for them...to see that they are lives loved by God and we should as well. You have a wonderful loving heart towards children demonstrated not just for your own family, but others you have come into contact with. I love you, girl! You are on my heart and in my prayers as you minister where you are.

Mrs. D said...

Wow Jani, loved this post. When I read it to the family, both girls in unison said, "I want to go!" Any need of a nanny or two?? ;-)

Much love and continued prayers to you all from all the "DerFludey's" or "Fludouins"

:-)

Anonymous said...

WE're so thrilled you're finally in Chad!! PTL!! I can imagine everything that you're doing, learning and going through!! When I was growing up in Garoua, I'd go with my Mom to the "compounds" and Mom would show the women the importance of sweeping their compounds everyday and boiling their water before they drank it. We played with the children all the time, no matter how dirty they were. You'll soon get used to the bugs around, and be thankful for the lizards that like to eat the bugs!! How I'd love to be there to help you adjust!! Drink lots of water and ALWAYS offer a glass of cold water to those that come to visit!! There's nothing better!! Praising the Lord for your safe entry to Chad!! Love, June B. in Everett

Anonymous said...

JANICE,
What a beautiful post yours is! No, you didn't sound braggy,. as you put it. You sounded like a wonderful, loving woman who's heart is larger than most peoples, and who's willingness to be Christ to the people in Chad is evident.
Yes we who believe, all try to do our part to communicate God's love where we are, but your ministry is beyond just giving to others, it is sacrificing all that you have and are to go where most fear to tread, and by doing so to complete the "great commision". To this I say to all the family.....well done you good and faithful servants!
LOVE from HOME
G'ma Judy/Mom