Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday, 20 March 2010

Crazy day today.  Started out by taking Ethan to the dentist.  The poor kid has the worst luck with fillings I think I've ever seen.  Every one he's every gotten has fallen out.  This one was no different.  We are lucky to have found a reasonably knowledgeable dentist who doesn't cost us an arm and a leg.
 
Got home and almost immediately had to deal with various guys here to install and/or fix things.  First it was the A/C installer.  Then, it was the mechanic who brought several people to fix various things that are broken.  Then, an electrician showed up to help the mechanic with our welder/generator.  I normally don't find things like that stressful but when all of the discussion takes place in French it makes my head hurt mostly because I don't know the vocabulary.
 
By the time the day was over not one of the things they came to fix was fixed.  In fact, their efforts only resulted in the mission paying more to purchase parts - a motor for the air compressor, a ignition control unit for the welder plus a starter, a custom made stand for a free-standing gas tank for the back-up generator, some hose, and a bunch of fuses for the power inverters/converters.
 
Unfortunately, the mechanic wasn't even able to get to our car which has developed a nasty habit of pulling to the right as well as having a steering wheel that shakes whenever we hit about 70 KM/Hr.  He told me he won't be able to get to it until next week and that he'll need the car for a day or two.  Yikes.
 
On top of everything there's Janice who's not been feeling great:  pretty fatigued and has been battling a stomach problem for about 5 or 6 weeks.
 
None of these things are "bad" per se.  They are just opportunities for us to remember that one of our main reasons for being here is to learn how to surrender ourselves (all of ourselves) to Him.
 
Hope you all have a great weekend.
 
sf


Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correctly your article helped me altogether much in my college assignment. Hats high to you send, intention look ahead for the duration of more interrelated articles in a jiffy as its united of my choice subject-matter to read.

Unknown said...

Dearest Flude's, Each and every one of you is precious to me and mine. I am sorry I am not more regular in sharing my/our love, admiration, appreciation, and care!! Love reading the blogs, they are real, and help me "feel" like I understand more what your life is like.

Rejoicing with you that you can find a swimming hole once in awhile to play in. So glad you have friends and that your work their is going as well as it is.

We are a little bit more like you guys right now. I am living in ND with KR and my four youngest. We are here without any contacts, just like you there. Everyone does speak the same language, though. Everyone uses tissues, no snot sucking here!! Even the pagans would take their sick children to the doctor. How my heart grieved when you shared the story of the mom that would just let her child die, thinking it was more important to fix supper.

We have another friend that is learning midwifery in the Phillipnes. A mom and a baby just recently died, a few days apart, slow deaths, due to lack of funding and love and care. Heartbreaking. But here in the US it is kind of the same, we just abort them before they are even born. Deception is ramapant. So glad you know the TRUTH, the Word.

Thanks for the testimony of the 4wd - 2wd story. That will help me as we continue on this journey in our "foreign land".

Jancie, my heart is breaking thinking about your tummy issues. You have been struggling for a long time. Wish God would show you what it is.

And what about the one that was here for all the testing, testing testing, forget the name right now, and I just re-read the blogs, augh, anyway, is she all okay???

How is Alex doing? I left my oldest three in WA. So far so good. They miss us. We miss them. They always knew they'd move out, they didn't know it would be me leaving them, smile. They are welcome to come to ND. We'll see what they end up doing. I'm okay with whatever.

Any more direction on where you'll have this baby? Timing? No pressure, just thinking.

Sure am glad the Lord brought our lives together. I am sad we are so far apart now, but trust Him. May all your workers do what they should do in an honorable way, in Jesus' name. Joyfully, Pam R