Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day #7

We had electricity for the entire day!  What a blessing.
 
I can tell you that I am doing a poor impersonation of Janice.  We don't eat at any set time.  I don't require the kids to do their schoolwork.  Heck, they don't even need to get dressed if they don't want to.
 
It was well into the 100's today.  Probably about 110 or so.
 
As I type this, all of the kids are sacked out in the front room except for Emma.  She's gonna sleep with me tonight.
 
Payton has been complaining of a sore back.  Wonder what that's about.
 
Keturah has what looks like an ingrown hair on her arm.
 
And, Emma has been feeling sick off and on for a few days. 
 
Highlight of the day was our trip into town to our favorite bakery where all of the kids ordered breakfast this morning.  I love going places with the kids and getting funny looks from people.
 
Low point of the day was discovering that our newly purchased 1 Terabyte portable hard drive no longer works.  It has all of our family photos and movies on it.  What makes it such a dissapointing discovery is that it replaced, at a great cost, another hard drive that quit working.  I surely hope we can revive it without sending it back to the company that salvaged the data from the older hard drive.  And to think, we had used the thing the night before to watch a movie.  Yikes.
 
Until tomorrow,
 
sf

1 comment:

Auntie Lisa said...

OK, no more sickies. I want to see you guys and all, but only on "vacation" terms, not sick leave.
Miss you all,
Love Auntie