Saturday, May 23, 2009

Day #3

Today was fairly normal for us.  Kids did homework and played.  In the evening we watched a movie with some friends.  Intermingled with all of that was several hours without electricity as our generator is not working at the moment.  Our mechanic thinks it is one problem.  Our electrrician thinks it is another.  I really don't care what the problem is so long as it gets fixed.
 
Tomorrow holds great promise as they'll both be here at some point to diagnose and treat the problem.
 
Speaking of diagnosing and treating....  latest word on Liddy is that the doctors aren't sure what she has, if anything, since tests are coming back normal.  I'm not sure I buy their conclusion at this point since she's been suffering with "nothing" for almost 3 months now.  She will most likely not spend tonight in the hospital which I am sure will make both her and Janice very happy.  As for Janice, she reports that she's actually feeling a bit better.  Perhaps, just maybe, she'll see marked improvement soon.
 
Highlight of the day:  There are 2.  One was Ethan asking me to do homework with him.  The other was seeing Keturah start working on next year's school books.  She spent so much time working today that it reminded me of Alex during this past school year.
 
Low point of the day:  Getting up at 3 AM to put diesel in the generator.  (It was working then.)   Didn't get back to bed until after 4 AM as I needed to take a shower and I called Janice.
 
Until tomorrow.
 
sf 

No comments: