Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday, 28 August 2011

This is officially the 2 week point in our return to Chad. Things are going well, I suppose, considering....
 
It is also the official 2 week anniversary of my separation from my wife and kids. (And it is no less easy on those children I have with me.) This is not much fun, really, but I can honestly say that this isn't something that we "have to" do but something that we "get to" do. I've learned over the years that the Lord likes to put me in situations that really grab my attention and that is only in those circumstances that I can finally and clearly hear what He's saying to me. I've also learned that it is precisely those events that He allowed me to go through that really make a differnce in my life. This separation, then, mustn't be looked at as a long slog through heavy mud but instead as something that has been graciously given to me and my family by The One who knows our every thought, fear, and need. He loves us so much that we "get to" go through these times wherein He can speak into our lives so clearly and wonderfully words of comfort and wisdom and love.
 
Today I was reading Psalm 94. It's a Psalm about how God needs to take vengence on the ungodly. But, within that Psalm are some beautiful truths that spoke deeply to me.
 
Verses 9-14: "He who planted the ear, shall He not hear? He who formed the eye, shall He not see? He who chastises the nations, shall He not punish, He who teaches man knowledge? Jehovah knows the thoughts of man, that they are a mist. Blessed is the man You chasten, O Jehovah, You teach him out of Your Law; to give him rest from troubled days, until the pit is dug for the wicked. For Jehovah will not leave His people; nor will He forsake His inheritance."
 
Verse 19 says, "In the multitude of my inward thoughts, Your comforts delight my soul."
 
And, finally, verse 22 says, "But Jehovah is my tower of defense; and my God is the rock of my refuge."
 
After reading verses like these I get reminded that I serve a very big God and that because He's so big He can be my all in all. There's nothing beyond His grasp and He wants me, He wants all of us, to comfort us and defend us. And, He will never forget us. Ever.
 
I really needed to hear that this morning. Maybe you did too.
 
Blessings!!!

 

1 comment:

Judy/Grandma Judy said...

Steve,
We are thinking of all of you with much LOVE! Judy/Grandma